I love the southwestern egg-rolls at Chili's, but since my family I needed a vegetarian version. So I threw together some of my favorite ingredients into this copy-cat recipe. They were a huge hit with the family! I served them with a homemade chimichurri sauce which turned out to cut the flavors of the egg-rolls perfectly. What do you guys think?
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn - Thawed
- 1 Cup Frozen Spinach - Thawed
- 1 Can Unsalted Black Beans
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - Finely Chopped
- 1 Onion - Finely Chopped
- 2 Jalapenos - Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Pepper Jack - Shredded
- 10 Flour Tortillas
- 1 tbs Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a sauce pan, heat 1 tsb of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and jalapenos. Cook until for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add spinach, corn, and black beans.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add chili powder, cumin, pepper, and salt. Stir well and remove from heat. Transfer to another bowl.
- After mixture cools down add cheese and mix well.
- Place some of the mixture in a warmed tortilla and roll like a wrap.
- In a frying pan add about 1 cup of vegetable oil (so it is about an inch in depth) and heat over medium.
- When oil is hot place the roll-up with the flap down into the oil. Fry until golden brown.