Can you feel summer creeping in on us? I sure can. Especially with all the summer fruits and vegetables showing up on the shelves. Pico de Gallo is one of my favorite summer foods. Its super easy to make, sits well in the fridge, and is a great addition to so many foods!
- 5 tomatoes - seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno - chopped
- 1/2 onion - chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro - chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn - thawed
- 3 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tsps salt
- 2 tsps pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Mix together all the ingredients and stir well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
- This is a great workhorse recipe. I love throwing it on everything from salad to tofu!