It's almost New Year's here in India but man do I just want to go to sleep. All of the wedding festivities has left the entire family exhausted. Not the mention all of the last minute shopping that need to be done before I head back to states! Things have been crazy around our house with a plethora of people visiting throughout the day! So of course feeding everyone has been quite the feat of epic proportions!
If we were in the states, this heuvos rancheros stack would be an easy recipe to whip up! Its one of those prep, bake, and assemble recipes which I love because they require so little work! Plus, this recipe is jam-packed with flavor! What more do need from a recipe ready in under 10 minutes?
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa of choice
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add onion and cook over medium heat until onion is tender. Take the onions out and place in paper towel.
- In a separate bowl, crack the eggs. Whisk with milk, salt, pepper. Add in cheese and cooked onion.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a muffin pan, evenly divided the egg mix.
- Bake until set or about 5 minutes.
- Place one egg disk. Top with greens, salsa, and beans. Top with another eggs disk and repeat. Top the third egg disk with just salsa and sour cream (and extra cheese if desired). Serve.