I once tried the South Beach Diet. Let just say, a couple hours in, I asked if brownies were crabs and caved to my cravings. I've never again gone crab-free, but these days I do try to eat a bit healthier. Which is why I love, love, love spaghetti squash. At this point you may be scoffing, as I first did, but let me assure you this squash is a miracle. I promise you won't miss traditional spaghetti at all!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- pinch salt
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 to 450.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half.
- Clean out all of the seeds.
- Place squash face down on baking sheet and place in oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Pull out squash and wait for it to cool a little. Then take a fork and scrap. (This is the coolest thing, you just have to loosen the squash and it'll come out just like spaghetti.
- At this point, your 'pasta' is done! I like to add salt and a little olive oil right away. Then I dress with my arrabbiata sauce and some cheese before I throw it back in the oven.