Prepping for my trip to Key West this past weekend, I was inspired to make my famous Key Lime Cookies. I have to say these are so easy but so yummy! And they taste like summer in Florida! What I love about these cookies is that they're perfect when you need something for a lot of people. They take very little effort but taste like they are very labor intensive. I made these for my best friends engagement party a couple of years ago, and boy were they a hit! So try out the recipe and let me know what you think!!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pack of Mini Pull-Apart Sugar Cookies
- Juice from 12 - 14 Key Limes (about 4 tbs)
- Zest of One Key lime
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Sugar (1 cup if you prefer something sweeter)
- 1 tbs All Purpose Flour
- Powdered Sugar for Dusting
The How To:
- Pre-heat oven to 325
- Light Pam or butter a muffin pan and place 2 break apart cookies in each cup.
- Place in oven for 4-5 minutes or until the cookie spreads out into the cup.
- While the cookies are in the oven: Mix sugar, juice, zest, salt, flour in a mixing bowl.
- With a spoon create a dent in the middle of the cookie. (Make sure you don't create a hole)
- Pour in juice mixture into the center of the cookie and place back in the oven.
- Let bake for about 15 minutes (or until golden brown)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.